To ensure business continuity, it is critical to incorporate quality assurance and security throughout the software development, changes and enhancement process.
The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s Software Quality, Security & Testing Services team ensures the quality and security of your applications. The team combines the right professional consulting resources, custom software integration and testing tools for success. Highly experienced consultants provide a comprehensive software quality assurance and security evaluation advisory service. Our testing platform is highly reliable, scalable, secure and cost-effective at addressing your requirements.
|Support||Get Technical Support
NCDIT Service Desk: 919-754-6000
- Subscription-based software as a service (SaaS), delivered in a managed and shared platform to ensure secure, quality software code
- Integrated functionality between the tools NCDIT provides (see the Technical Information section on this page for more details)
- Custom tool integrations between what NCDIT provides, those purchased by customers and those from vendors through out-of-the-box capabilities or open API
- Use of your staff or NCDIT’s quality assurance and security subject matter expert professionals on a time-and-materials basis; or collaborative work to support your software solution requirements
- Proof of concept work is available prior to subscribing
- Optional consulting and end-to-end testing services available on a time-and-materials basis
- Tools and support for functional and performance testing
- Functional test automation that runs repetitive tests and reduces issues associated with manual testing
- A comprehensive software testing toolset from Micro Focus, including quality management, security testing, visual regression testing, performance testing, performance monitoring and functional test automation
- Provides on-demand access to software quality and security subject matter experts, methods, techniques and best practices to help you achieve your software goals
- Accesses a best-in-class software quality and security testing solution as a shared service without the upfront costs associated with acquiring and deploying comparable in-house applications
- Encourages software quality and security testing throughout the software development life cycle, thanks to NCDIT’s low-cost solution
- Decreases costs by eliminating the need to create new scripts for new versions of the application; instead, re-uses automation scripts that are successfully executed against other versions
- Improves overall quality by utilizing automation to increase the scope and depth of testing and uncover bugs earlier
- Corrects defects in pre-production, making it less costly than in post-production
- Improves reliability by replacing manual testing with automated testing that consistently performs the same tests on every run
- Helps avoid costly legal or operational issues due to systems working improperly
- Reduces the risks associated with manual testing by adopting solutions that provide comprehensive test coverage
- Minimizes the time to complete testing cycles by automating scripts that outperform manual scripts and can run simultaneously and unattended across multiple platforms, browsers and environments, 24/7
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
Approval from a manager or process owner is required, depending upon your agency's requirements.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||N.C. Identity Management (NCID) (required for some services)|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||None|
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 2-3 business days.|
|Turnaround Time||Turnaround time varies, depending on the complexity of the project.|
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Customer Testimonials||View customer testimonials|
|Support Process||Submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal or contact the NCDIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000.|
|Service Support Hours||Support for the service is available 24/7.|
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||Sundays: 4 a.m. to noon|
|Service Communications||The Software Quality, Security & Testing Services team will report communications about this service to customers.|
|Service Level Agreements||Software Quality Assurance Service Level Agreement|
- Approved rates for this service are published in the NCDIT Rate Schedule.
- Standard fees and any optional materials and hours worked are applied monthly to each subscribing agency, according to their service level tier outlined in their memo of understanding.
|Technologies||Software application testing|
NCDIT has Security Assertion Markup Language-based SSO services with multifactor authentication for user access to ensure secured communications, data integrity and security for solutions and applications provided by the Software Quality, Security & Testing Services team.
SAML is an open federation standard that allows an identity provider to authenticate users and then pass an authentication token to another application known as a service provider.
|Product and Version Numbers||
Training & Help
- ALM Video Gallery
- Applitools Tutorials
- Dynatrace Power Demos
- Fortify Videos
- LeanFT Getting Started Guide
- MF Connect Video Gallery
- Mobile Testing Video Gallery
- Network Virtualization Video Gallery
- Performance Center Video Gallery
- SiteScope On-Premise Monitoring Video
- UFT Mobile Video Gallery
- UFT One Video Gallery
- UFT Webservices Testing
Other Related Links
- Optional Testing Services
- Software Quality, Security & Testing Return on Investment
- Testing Tools & Capabilities
- Micro Focus UFT