Does your organization experience any of these challenges?
- Long wait times for approvals, information, products or services
- Survey results that show dissatisfaction with output and service expectations
- Backlog of work
The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s Process Improvement team can help you resolve these types of issues and many more by proactively eliminating waste and improving overall performance.
Research shows that 60% of processes are made up of non-value-added activities. You can make significant processes improvements to achieve faster, better and more efficient ways of delivering products, services and support to customers and employees.
|Support||Get Process Improvement Help|
|Support Hours||8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays|
The Process Improvement team:
- Collaborates with agencies of all sizes and support process improvement initiatives of any duration
- Conducts process improvement initiatives that assist an individual state agency or multiple agencies
- Improves business processes identified as priorities in the strategic planning cycle by partnering with leadership and process owners
- Identifies opportunities to standardize processes to reduce duplication and improve performance
- Provides a tailored approach to agencies' needs following the best practices of Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC framework (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control). These include:
- Developing a business case
- Identifying a supportive sponsor
- Assigning a team of subject matter experts and process leaders to carry out the project
- Analyzing processes and quantify the root causes of problems
- Systematically removing eight kinds of waste that cause downtime: defects, overproduction, waiting, non-utilized talent, transportation, inventory, motion and extra processing
- Trains, coaches and mentors subject matter experts and leaders in Lean Six Sigma principles to create a culture of continuous improvement
- Works with business teams to create and sustain Lean Management systems to improve overall delivery and meet strategic goals
- Improved customer experience and satisfaction
- Reduced rework
- Higher quality work
- Increased efficiency and decreased costs
- Reduced or eliminated problems due to DMAIC's close alignment with the IT project phases (concept, initiation, planning and beyond)
- Faster delivery
- Improvement of agency processes prior to automating them
- Increased process transparency
- Implementation of a continuous improvement culture through training and mentoring
To request this service, or for more information, contact the Process Improvement team at PI.Support@nc.gov.
Approval is required from a manager or process owner, depending upon your agency's requirements
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||None|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 3 business days.|
Turnaround time varies, depending on the complexity of the project and established project plan.
|Suggested For||State agencies|
|Support Process||For service support, contact the Process Improvement team at PI.Support@nc.gov.|
|Service Support Hours||
Support for the service is available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, excluding state holidays.
|Standard Maintenance Windows||
The agency's process owner or manager for this service will support communications to the agency's users of the service.
|Service Level Agreements||Not applicable|
There is no cost to the agency for this service.