Are you seeking:
- The ability to view your organization’s architecture and strategize IT initiatives?
- A consolidated “single source of truth” for IT systems, processes and data flows?
- To identify inefficiencies, redundancies and opportunities for optimization?
- Informed decision making that drives innovation with minimized risk?
- Effective realization of value while maintaining speed?
The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s Enterprise Portfolio Management Services allow for a wide range of capabilities that are enabled by various technologies, including OrbusInfinity from Orbus Software. The OrbusInfinity platform is tightly integrated with NCDIT’s Microsoft 365 service tenancy and all of its capabilities.
NCDIT’s Enterprise Portfolio Management Services are delivered through cloud-based software platforms that allow the capture and maintenance of data. For example, the OrbusInfinity software suite – a Microsoft-preferred solution – provides a “single source of truth” with deep Microsoft 365 integration including:
- Supports various processes, systems and methodologies, such as:
- Enterprise architecture
- Strategic portfolio management
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Business process analysis
- Application portfolio management
- Business capability management
- Business and IT road mapping
- Cybersecurity and risk management
- Provides advanced integrations, data modeling and visualizations through system-generated views, user-created artifacts and deployable solutions, such as:
- Azure & Azure DevOps
- Flexera Technopedia
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Planner
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Project Online
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Teams
- PPM Express
- Provides inbound and outbound REST-based API for interaction with repository content
- Includes a knowledgebase and resources to support further learning
The EPM service supports a variety of business/technical roles.
|Business & Technology Executives||
|Portfolio Managers & Strategists||
|Business Analysts & Architects||
|Cybersecurity Analysts & Risk Managers||
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||None|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 5 business days.|
|Suggested For||State agencies|
|Required For||All Executive Branch and Council of State agencies, per N.C.G.S. 143B-1335 and N.C.G.S 143B-1321(a)(17)|
|Support Process||Submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal or contact the NCDIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000.|
|Service Support Hours||Support is available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, excluding state holidays.|
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||Tuesdays: 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.|
|Service Level Agreements||NCDIT Global Service Level Agreement (unless a service-specific level agreement has been established for the service)|
There is no cost to the agency for this service.