Microsoft’s 365 Office productivity applications are bundled into the Microsoft 365 Government Community Cloud G5 package for government and include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook or Exchange email, calendar, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive and more.
These applications provide tremendous value to your agency because of their rich functionality, ease of use and widespread familiarity. Microsoft’s productivity tools enable your staff and colleagues to accomplish more in less time by increasing communication and collaboration.
The G5 bundle includes Web (cloud-based) and desktop (directly installed) versions of Office applications.
The Office 365 Government (G5) Service Offering includes the applications listed in the following table.
|Email & Calendar||
|Voice, Video & Meetings||Microsoft Teams: Meetings, chat, video conferencing and live events up to 10,000 attendees|
|Intranet & Storage||
Microsoft 365 delivers increased productivity for both your agency staff and IT staff with cloud-based services accessible from anywhere, on any device. NCDIT’s managed service enables economies of scale, providing rates that meet or exceed commercial and private sector offerings.
The total cost of ownership is kept low with automatic updates and no maintenance requirements. Storage costs are also minimized, and security considerations are at the forefront, with data safely stored in a segmented government cloud that enables government entities to meet U.S. compliance and security standards.
Agency Staff Productivity
- Individuals and teams increase productivity by maximizing collaboration by sharing ideas and files via email, phone, online meetings and audio/video conferencing.
- Users have the flexibility to run their apps on five different devices, including PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets.
- Access data safely secured in cloud storage while in the office, at home or on the go.
- Conveniently access hundreds of applications through an integrated single sign-on solution.
- Search for and discover content across Microsoft 365 applications.
- Easily create professional documents and presentations with increased application integration and functionality.
IT Staff Productivity
- IT management increases overall operational efficiency because you do not need to update or upgrade Microsoft 365's integrated applications. Staff can be reallocated to high-impact projects other than managing apps running on workstations, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- IT reduces cost by moving applications and file storage to the secure cloud and managing each system from a single console.
- IT benefits from a growing portfolio of system administration tools that include enterprise management of apps with group policy support, shared computer activation and more.
- Agency/customer administrators can accomplish common tasks, such as managing their organization's mailing lists, groups, contacts and calendar resources in real time, without having to submit a service request to NCDIT.
- Microsoft 365 application upgrades and updates are included in each subscription. New features are rolled out with IT-configurable control.
- All services are stored in the secure Government Cloud and meet compliance regulations. Five layers of security and proactive monitoring keep data safe.
- Data loss prevention policies provide additional compliance enforcement for email, SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Archiving and legal hold capabilities, as well as unlimited storage, help meet compliance needs.
- Microsoft Teams, OneNote, OneDrive and Mobile Access enable real-time communication and collaboration from anywhere.
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||NCID|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 2-3 business days.|
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Support Process||Submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal or contact the NCDIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000.|
|Service Support Hours||
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||
|Service Level Agreements||
NCDIT supports a 99.9% financially backed service-level agreement to state agencies from Microsoft for Microsoft 365 subscription services.
- Approved rates for this service are published in the NCDIT Rate Schedule.
- Additional costs could include:
- A support rate for tenant support and maintenance, plus general support for accessing the user’s licensed Microsoft 365 web apps.
- NCDIT-supported agency users are also billed for licensing and end-user application support of the desktop versions of the user’s licensed core Microsoft 365 apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- All other users are responsible for providing their own Microsoft 365 licensing for inclusion in the tenant.
Training & Help
Other Related Links
- Microsoft Office 365 Government Service Description
- Microsoft 365 Government Plans
- Microsoft 365 Solutions for U.S. Public Sector
Related NCDIT Services