The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s local area network infrastructure and support services enable data communications among the local resources within your agency’s building or campus.
- Design consultation
Support is also available for both wired and wireless infrastructure components and resources required to establish connectivity with users’ devices.
- Service offerings:
- Basic – non-powered over Ethernet switch connectivity
- Premium – power over Ethernet switch connectivity; optional quality of service priority traffic settings
- Custom solutions – customized campus environment (multi-building and high-availability sites)
- Management of structured cabling between end devices and network equipment
- Configuration management
- Equipment and technology upgrades (as appropriate)
- 24/7 support via the NCDIT Service Desk and Incident Management Center
- Network monitoring and maintenance
- Availability management
- Reliable Ethernet connectivity between LAN and WAN environments
- Compliance with statewide IT security policies and standards
- Worry-free network maintenance as LAN service takes ownership of the entire infrastructure lifecycle
- Cost control with competitive rates and a predictable monthly cost
- Excellence from the beginning with NCDIT’s network assessment and design consultation focused on business needs and relevant service options
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||Each customer location must meet NCDIT minimum standards, including documentation, wiring, power, HVAC, access and security.|
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 2-3 business days.|
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Required For||NCDIT optimized agencies|
Submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal or contact the NCDIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000.
|Service Support Hours||
Support for the service is available 24/7.
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
Standard Maintenance Windows
|Service Level Agreements||Local Area Network Service Level Agreement|
- Approved rates for this service are published in the NCDIT Rate Schedule.
- The monthly LAN service recurring charges has two components:
- Service level – basic or premium
- Switch port capacity
- One-time charges for installation of customer premise equipment