Local Area Network
The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s local area network infrastructure and support services enable data communications among the local resources within your agency’s building or campus.
- Design consultation
Support is also available for both wired and wireless infrastructure components and resources required to establish connectivity with users’ devices.
|Support||Get Technical Support
NCDIT Service Desk: 919-754-6000
- Service offerings:
- Basic – non-powered over Ethernet switch connectivity
- Premium – power over Ethernet switch connectivity; optional quality of service priority traffic settings
- Custom solutions – customized campus environment (multi-building and high-availability sites)
- Management of structured cabling between end devices and network equipment
- Configuration management
- Equipment and technology upgrades (as appropriate)
- 24/7 support via the NCDIT Service Desk and Incident Management Center
- Network monitoring and maintenance
- Availability management
- Reliable Ethernet connectivity between LAN and WAN environments
- Compliance with statewide IT security policies and standards
- Worry-free network maintenance as LAN service takes ownership of the entire infrastructure lifecycle
- Cost control with competitive rates and a predictable monthly cost
- Excellence from the beginning with NCDIT’s network assessment and design consultation focused on business needs and relevant service options
To request this service, complete the LAN service request form and submit it using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||Each customer location must meet NCDIT minimum standards, including documentation, wiring, power, HVAC, access and security.|
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 2-3 business days.|
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Required For||NCDIT optimized agencies|
Submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal or contact the NCDIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000.
|Service Support Hours||
Support for the service is available 24/7.
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
Standard Maintenance Windows
|Service Level Agreements||Local Area Network Service Level Agreement|
- Approved rates for this service are published in the NCDIT Rate Schedule.
- The monthly LAN service recurring charges has two components:
- Service level – basic or premium
- Switch port capacity
- One-time charges for installation of customer premise equipment
Training & Help