Data Center Co-Location Services
The N.C. Department of Information Technology's Data Center Co-Location Services team provides customer-managed physical hosting services located at the state’s Eastern Data Center and Western Data Center. Both locations are designed for housing and securing enterprise hardware and software systems.
Ideal for state and local government agencies, you can conveniently house your organization’s servers, storage and other potential hardware in a highly reliable, safe and secure environment with many support options.
Configure your systems to enjoy exceptional performance, tremendous availability (99.995%), reliability (built-in redundancy), business recovery and security.
Request Data Center Co-Location Services
|Support||Get Technical Support
NCDIT Service Desk: 919-754-6000
- NCDIT provides the physical space in its eastern and western data centers, network cabinets and data center environment to protect your hardware.
- Customers provide their own servers, storage and other potential hardware.
- Customers (or their application vendor) install, configure and manage the hardware within their cabinet.
- Remote support to aid in installation, basic troubleshooting and routine equipment changes
- Shipping and receiving
- Onsite conference rooms and cubicle hoteling
- Carrier neutral facilities
- Optimized routing between the enterprise WAN and Internet or cloud service providers
- Enterprise WAN service options are available with or without redundancy
- Access to the State Metropolitan Area Network serving the Raleigh-area state government complex (Eastern Data Center only)
- Network link-up with fiber and copper cross-connects supporting a variety of media types
- Both high availability and non-high availability network connectivity options from 100Mbps to 10Gbps service tiers
- Three redundant 2000 to 2500 kW capacity generators at each facility with a fuel capacity of 27,000 gallons at both locations
- Available client power is conditioned, UPS and generator supported
- Facility secured in accordance with IRS 1075, NIST 800-53 and ISO 27001 compliance
- Security gates at all entrance and exits
- Government-issued photo ID required
- 24/7 video surveillance
- 90-day video storage
- Entrance personnel traps – no tailgating policy strictly enforced
- Bulletproof glass
Data Center Co-Location Services for hardware and the environment include:
- Locking cabinet with access control, audit log and more
- Cooled and humidity-controlled facility with secure access and more
- Electrical power includes redundant power feeds, backup generator power and more
Optional Data Center Co-Location Services for purchase include:
- Backup systems and services
- Storage systems and services
- Monitoring systems and services
- LAN service
- Firewall and VPN services
- SSL and VPN service
- IPS service
- Upwards of 50% lower recurring cost compared to alternatives. NCDIT charges less than $600 per month for a full cabinet.
- IT costs are reduced by leveraging the operational efficiencies of existing co-location facilities designed for housing and securing enterprise hardware and software systems.
- Limited and valuable office space is freed for other critical purposes.
- Easily extend the investment in existing IT equipment by transferring in-house equipment to a NCDIT Data Center Co-Location.
- Customers have the flexibility to deploy and manage their own systems within the Data Center Co-Location or employ their preferred vendor to provide these services and more.
- New systems can easily be integrated with the existing infrastructure.
- More cabinets and equipment can be added in racks to support enterprise-level scaling to meet customer demand.
- Protect against climate change.
To request this service, or for more information, submit a client questionnaire form via the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||Wide Area Network|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||Customers need to possess a technical understanding of their application architecture.|
Agency staff are required to submit a ServiceNow request for support or information regarding this service and at least 7 business days before delivery to coordinate shipping/receiving for systems to be used inside the cabinet space.
The agency is responsible for:
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request for new service within about 2 to 3 business days.|
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Service Support Hours||Support for the service is available 24/7.|
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||Customer-dependent|
|Service Level Agreements||NCDIT Global Service Level Agreement|
- Approved rates for this service are published in the NCDIT Rate Schedule.
- Additional costs could be incurred if the agency’s owned equipment does not fit into the NCDIT-provided cabinet footprint.
- Custom billing rates are available for unique client implementations.
Training & Help
Other Related Links