The N.C. Department of Information Technology's Enterprise Endpoint Management Service provides a reliable client computing environment to more than 4,000 desktop, laptop and tablet users across 15 of North Carolina’s executive branch agencies, divisions and commissions.
Before a user receives a desktop, laptop or smartphone (referred to as endpoint devices), NCDIT’s Enterprise Endpoint Management team configures it to include office automation applications and core computing software that is secure, approved and standardized.
Users also receive onsite and remote technical support, maintenance and repair of managed hardware and software.
Together, this establishes a reliable end-user computing environment with minimal disruption and enables your employees to perform their duties with greater confidence.
- Technical support, maintenance and repair of managed hardware and software
- Software support for standard operating systems, productivity tools and utilities
- Controlled release of security patches, antivirus updates and other software by accessing individual devices
- Device scanning for compliance with established standards and security policies
- Lifecycle asset management:
- Lifecycle replacement project management
- Procurement and billing support
- Asset and configuration management
- Software license management
- Document library management for desktop – processes and procedures
- End-of-life surplus
See the Technical Information section for more details on support and the endpoint management team's services.
- Yearly costs associated with asset procurement and maintenance are budgeted for and reduced.
- End users’ IT issues are minimized and quickly resolved through a standardized environment that provides effective and efficient incident response.
- Productivity losses associated with end-user incidents and downtime are reduced due to the more effective troubleshooting capabilities provided by technical staff with Level 1 and Level 2 remote access.
- End users' IT issues are resolved faster through the help of a self-service knowledge base, training articles, planned maintenance calendar and links to current outages in the Enterprise Endpoint Management Customer Portal.
- Productivity disruption is minimized with loaner devices available during times of emergency repair or special equipment needs. Further details on the loaner policy, including requirements and billing information, can be found in the Enterprise Endpoint Management Service Level Agreement.
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||None|
See the Enterprise Endpoint Management Service Level Agreement for more information.
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 5 business days.|
Turnaround time depends on the number and complexity of different participating department solutions and their timeframes. The service team works with the organization and all other NCDIT departments involved to establish a well-defined service request timeframe to complete a full rollout.
|Suggested For||State agencies|
Submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal or contact the NCDIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000.
|Service Support Hours||
Weekdays: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., excluding state holidays
Standard Maintenance Windows
|Service Level Agreements||Enterprise Endpoint Management Service Level Agreement|
Enterprise Endpoint Management Team
The Enterprise Endpoint Management organization consists of three teams: asset, support and operations.
|Support Team||Provides both onsite and remote support for software installation, break-fix and advanced troubleshooting.|
|Operations Team||Maintains enterprise-wide security tools for monitoring, deploying and securing the entire IT infrastructure.|
Hardware & Software Support
NCDIT’s Enterprise Endpoint Management Service is based on the Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise environment. We utilize Microsoft 365 for office productivity and endpoint protection software, including antivirus, enterprise firewalls and laptop disk encryption, to help protect systems from malicious activity.
|Level 1 Technical Support||Via NCDIT Service Desk remote desktop control|
|Level 2 Endpoint Technical Support||
|Level 3 Enterprise Management Tools Administration||
Provides management and support of enterprise security tools (listed in the table below)
Enterprise Endpoint Management Tools
|CrowdStrike||NCDIT's next-generation antivirus, firewall and IPS utility|
|Tanium||NCDIT's asset visibility and threat response tool|
|Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) – MDM and MAM (Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management)||A cloud-based enterprise mobility management service that helps enable your workforce to be productive while protecting your corporate data|
|macOS Support with Jamf||Mobile device management integration with Microsoft Intune|
|Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager||Hardware imaging, software deployments and patch management|
|Ivanti||Non-Microsoft software application patching|
|Enterprise Endpoint Management Support||Hardware break-fix, software installs, advanced troubleshooting, etc.|
|Enterprise Endpoint Encryption||BitLocker for laptop and tablet disk encryption|
|Bomgar||Remote troubleshooting and customer issue resolution|
|Group Policy Management||Manage desktop policies for improved desktop computing stability and security|
|Cisco AnyConnect Start Before Logon||Consistent remote-access login experience|
|Asset Management||Procurement, imaging, accessories and retirement|
Learn more about Enterprise Endpoint Management's maintenance calendar, training and support as well as the division’s leadership in the Enterprise Endpoint Management Customer Portal (NCID required).