The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s Next-Generation Enterprise IP Telephony managed service is powered by Cisco and helps improve how you, your employees and groups within your organization interact, communicate and collaborate. This service provides multiple enterprise communication methods and features that increase user capability and productivity and enhance your business processes and operating efficiency.
Next-Generation Enterprise IP Telephony also enables your organization to more efficiently onboard users to boost productivity, streamline business workflows and support workgroup collaborative communications.
This hybrid premise-based/cloud-integrated service leverages shared infrastructure, toolsets and application software to provide multitenant shared services to agencies. The solution also offers per-user-per-month pricing, as well as intuitive management portals and user administration portals.
- End-to-end managed service – Everything from design and implementation to ongoing maintenance and support is covered.
- Voice and telephony – Offerings encompass fixed, mobile and softphone enterprise telephony.
- Voicemail – Record voice messages and use unified messaging to send voicemail notifications.
- Clients – Thick desktops, thin browsers, mobile devices, smartphones, tablets and specialized clients embedded within business applications are all supported. Unified clients have a consistent interface to access multiple communications functions.
- Meeting solutions – Meet via multiparty voice (audio) conferencing, videoconferencing and web-conferencing capabilities, including screen/application sharing.
- Presence and instant messaging – Presence technology lets you see the status of other people and resources, while IM allows you to send text and other information in real time to others or groups.
- Workstream collaboration – Presence and IM enable employees to build channels and shared workspaces for contextual communications.
- Domestic long distance is included as part of the base rate.
- The service is billed, per seat, per month, and simply pay as you go.
- Talk and interact in whatever way makes the most sense: voice calls, audio/video conferencing, screen/application sharing, chat, etc.
- Adoption is quick because all devices give the same user experience.
- The features and functionality of traditional telephone systems combine with enhanced communication methods to provide familiarity and increase user productivity.
- The communications infrastructure functions virtually without geographical boundaries to support user interactions.
- Integrate the IP telephony solution with business applications and workflows to deliver greater value for users. Examples of integrations include contact centers, browser plug-in integrations with applications and chat-based operations workgroup applications.
- Work anywhere with the same user experience across any of your mobile or laptop devices that use the IP telephony’s softphone client.
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||None|
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within 3 business days.|
|Suggested For||Any local government or other non-state eligible entities.|
|Required For||State agencies|
|Service Support Hours||
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||
In addition to standard maintenance windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times.
|Service Level Agreements||The service level agreement for this service is currently unavailable.|
- Customers are billed monthly on a per-line, per-user basis.
- Approved rates for this service are published in the NCDIT Rate Schedule.