Microsoft Teams is an online communications solution that lets you easily collaborate with other people, as well as large groups.
As part of the Microsoft 365 Government Community Cloud G5 bundled service offering, Teams integrates with SharePoint, Word, Outlook and other Microsoft 365 applications, so you can quickly access these tools while collaborating in real-time.
In addition to accessing Microsoft 365 apps from the Teams interface, you can interact via chat, audio calling, desktop screen sharing and online meetings with fully integrated audio and video conferencing. Up to 1,000 people can participate in private meetings, and up to 10,000 can join live events.
Widely known for its collaboration, online meetings and security capabilities, Teams includes a huge feature list of capabilities. Some key capabilities include:
- Meeting scheduling
- Access control and secure guest access
- Multi-factor authentication
- One-to-one chat (messaging)
- Group chat
- Live events for up to 10,000 users
- Audio conferencing
- Meeting whiteboards
- Screen sharing
- File sharing
- Microsoft 365 Office integrations
- Sync with SharePoint sites
- Third-party tools integration
- Tabs for frequently used apps
- Contact search
- Conversation search
- Message threads
- @mentions for content filtering
- Channel-based working
- Channel favoriting and following
- Customizable alerts
- Usage reports
- Immersive Reader for speaking text
- Search and filter and bookmarks for finding content
- Cloud recording of video, audio and screen sharing with automatic transcripts
Microsoft Teams has transformed how work gets done and how you communicate internally, whether in a small group or a large enterprise of agencies. The capabilities provided through Teams have also optimized how state and local agencies communicate with business partners and constituents to drive improved engagement and productivity.
Some of the many benefits of Teams include:
- Improve business processes and productivity through increased collaboration – engaging the right people in real-time-focused collaborations vs. back-and-forth emails.
- Communicate in real-time between users within the organization and outside.
- Participate in high-quality voice calls on your computer or mobile device seamlessly. Access them from any device with an internet connection, including Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices.
- Minimize or avoid unnecessary emails by scheduling Teams meetings in Outlook and holding open conversations within a Team channel to share information.
- Find information easily and collaborate with shared documents stored in Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive or OneNote.
- Maximize efficiency by using Microsoft 365’s applications integrated within Teams, including SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more.
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites
|The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 2-3 business days.
|Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions
|Submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal or contact the NCDIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000.
|Service Support Hours
|The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.
|Standard Maintenance Windows
|Service Level Agreements
|NCDIT supports a 99.9% financially backed service-level agreement to state agencies from Microsoft for Microsoft 365 subscription services.
Enterprise Collaboration Services Service Level Agreement
There is no additional cost for Teams, as it is included within the Government Community Cloud G5 packaged service.
Training & Help
- NCDIT Knowledge College Training Opportunities
- NCDIT All Things M365 User Group (Microsoft Teams)
- NCDIT SharePoint – Support for Microsoft 365 Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive
Other Related Links
Related NCDIT Services