SharePoint Online is a highly configurable web-based software platform for web publishing and collaboration. It is widely used as a document management and storage system, but it is also ideal for creating websites, intranets, wikis, blogs, content management systems, composite applications and more.
Your users experience only a short learning curve because SharePoint Online is closely integrated with the Microsoft 365 Office suite and has a similar interface.
Users find SharePoint Online exceptional at:
- Document management
- Storing their electronic documents in SharePoint and searching and reporting on them
- Collaboration and sharing of information
- Creating SharePoint intranet portals and wikis to share public and private information and applications
Microsoft 365 OneDrive for Business is ideal for storing non-public documents that are not intended or ready for sharing.
- Full integration of SharePoint Online with Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Teams. Creation of a SharePoint site occurs with every Team to maximize collaboration
- More than 400 file types are supported, and files, images and videos are indexed and fully searchable
- Granular security access and full integration with the corporate Active Directory
- Document lock to support access by multiple users
- Mobile access without the need for VPN or server access
- Web-based team calendars
- Workflows for specific documents and teams
- Content management by activating tracking – set an alert for whenever someone sees, deletes or edits a document
- Project management:
- Automated business process workflows
- Task management
- Visual planning tools
- Internal knowledgebase
- File sharing and management:
- Document collaboration
- Advanced security features
- Controlled access to information
- Video files
- Audio files
- Device sync
OneDrive for Business
- Each user is allocated 1 TB of personal storage. Content remains private until you invite others to share your information through Microsoft Office or SharePoint.
- When a user is off boarded, external sharing of OneDrive content is turned off, and content is deleted. Users should review, and be aware of, these retention policies when using this service.
- Increase productivity and reduce mistakes by using a single source of truth with centralized shared documents that contain the correct and most current version.
- Improve collaboration by empowering all employees with a convenient way to stay up to date on the latest updates from management and HR on an internal company website.
- Enable employees to easily upload, access and share information in a great content management system made for document and records management.
- Work more efficiently from any remote site using a web browser for accessing SharePoint.
- Make system management, security and governance easy through centralized administration.
- Create sites with specific security roles and set up unique organizational team groups to store documents by group.
- Eliminate reliance on local shared drives and minimize file storage on local computers by creating landing pages containing private or public content.
- Store project-related information, invoices, contracts, onboarding and recruitment-related information, images, videos and other data.
- Speed up communication by reducing email sending and receiving to share information.
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||Microsoft 365|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||None|
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 2-3 business days.|
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Service Support Hours||
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||
|Service Level Agreements||NCDIT supports a 99.9% financially backed service-level agreement to state agencies from Microsoft for Microsoft 365 subscription services.
Enterprise Collaboration Services Service Level Agreement
- Approved rates for this service are published in the NCDIT Rate Schedule.
- There is no additional cost for SharePoint Online as it is included within the G3 packaged service.
Training & Help
- NCDIT Knowledge College Training Opportunities
- NCDIT All Things M365 User Group (Microsoft Teams)
- NCDIT Enterprise Solutions M365 Solution Support