The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s Enterprise Service Bus, Boomi, is a proven, multi-tenant cloud enterprise integration service platform for connecting and transforming both cloud and on-premise applications and data sources.
Use Boomi to:
- Move to the cloud quickly and cost effectively by building, testing and deploying integrations
- Integrate a large portfolio of internal and external applications and databases
- Pass data between systems and communicate with each other using native middleware functionality
- Integrate your customer relationship management application with other applications
- Replace legacy integration systems
- Connect applications with legacy databases through application programming interface-led connectivity
- Build or use preexisting integration connectors between systems
- Eliminate manual data entry between different departments' software applications
- Boomi’s Atmosphere integration platform includes five components:
- Integration – Use Boomi’s Atom Cloud to integrate any applications and data across Boomi’s Atom Cloud, public or private cloud, and on-premises.
- Master Data Hub – Synchronize and cleanse data with Boomi’s master data management consolidated repository.
- Business-2-Business/EDI Management – Securely manage integration with partners using Boomi’s B2B/EDI tool.
- API Management – Design, secure and scale APIs with complete control using Boomi’s API management.
- Flow – Build, deploy and manage workflow applications using Boomi’s low-code workflow automation.
- NCDIT provides a private Boomi Atom Cloud containing a master multi-tenant in which each agency has its own pre-configured space where agency-specific connectors can be set up.
- Highly scalable, distributed processing runtime supports large volumes of data.
- Boomi’s cloud-based master data management platform centrally connects all your data sources.
- Two types of connectors (application and technology) using standard mechanisms (ODBC, REST and SOAP API) enable connectivity to almost any application and data in the cloud or on-premises.
- Build your own connectors, using Boomi’s connector SDK, to support the integration processes.
- Integrations already exist for Amazon SQS, Microsoft’s Azure Service Bus services and Pivotal’s RabbitMQ.
- The low-code development environment, coupled with an intuitive drag-and-drop mapping tool, pre-built integration processes and reusable components, enables efficient support for a vast number of integration needs.
- Advanced developer tools support complex and specialized integration scenarios.
- Better strategic, operational and legislative decisions are leveraging comprehensive analytics derived from high-quality, consolidated data sources, based on governance best practices.
- Data silos within your legacy infrastructure are replaced by seamless data flow integration throughout your organization.
- Proper connectivity and smooth data exchange are ensured when migrating and consolidating data.
- Integration projects for on-premise and cloud applications, data sources and devices across your organization are developed with ease and in less time.
- The transformation and mapping process is simplified in integrating SQL databases and ERP systems such as Netsuite, SAP and Salesforce.
- Fewer technical users are required to rapidly roll out new integrations and changes due to Boomi’s ease of use, low-code development and pre-made templates for the most common scenarios.
- Greater IT efficiency results from Boomi’s time-saving low-code model, which accelerates project completion and enables IT staff to work on other projects.
- Manual effort and cost overruns associated with the development time in writing code are reduced.
- Costs associated with maintaining software on-premises are eliminated.
- Operational efficiency is increased by transitioning to the cloud for shared services and collaboration.
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
Chief information officers or higher authority are authorized to request this service.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||None|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||None. NCDIT provides an enterprise solution that consists of a private Atom cloud with multi-tenancy and private space for every agency. Agencies can work with NCDIT if they need their own Boomi infrastructure.|
|Customer Responsibility||Agency staff are required to submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal for additional support or information regarding this service.|
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 2-3 business days.|
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Service Support Hours||
|Service Availability||Boomi is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||Sundays: 4 a.m. to noon|
|Service Level Agreements||NCDIT Global Service Level Agreement|
- Approved rates for this service are published in the NCDIT Rate Schedule.
- External site: $182.53 per connector per month. This includes the infrastructure for Boomi Atom Cloud, Boomi Enterprise Premier license and NCDIT’s technical support for Boomi.
- Additional costs could include:
- Connecters required for an agency
- Boomi consultant support, as needed
- Boomi infrastructure if the customer desires to procure its own environment verses leveraging the NCDIT Atom Cloud
- Staff to support the responsibilities of the administrator role
Use Boomi to:
- Modernize legacy systems and move to the cloud
- Deploy or integrate on-premises or cloud applications
- Improve data quality or extend data centers to the cloud
- Integrate with customers or business partners
More than 100 Boomi-supported connectors serve more than 1,500 applications. NCDIT-supported connectors include:
- Amazon Web Services
- APIs and protocols
- Big data
- Cloud computing
- Google Cloud
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- LDAP/Active Directory
- API management is simplified by creating, publishing, monitoring, integrating and centrally managing APIs in a single scalable platform.
- Development efforts are maximized by utilizing Boomi’s community crowd-sourced recommendations.
- Boomi Cloud has FedRAMP authorization. The on-premise version is in the process of being FedRAMP compliant. Both are included at no additional cost.
- Boomi’s suggestions and best practices resources include:
- Boomi Suggest for automated data mapping
- Boomi Filter Suggest for automated connector configuration
- Boomi Resolve for simplified error resolution
- Boomi Assure for automated regression testing