The N.C. Department of Information Technology provides pager service plans and equipment from a commercial service provider to support the state's paging service requirements. Plans range from local area service to national coverage and offer both numeric and alpha-numeric pagers in analog and digital paging formats.
This pass-through service provides negotiated contracts with rates and terms favorable to the state. Pass-through means that, as a convenience to customers, NCDIT works with you to determine the viability of the pager service to meet your business needs and helps you with ordering the service through NCDIT.
- Numeric and alpha-numeric pagers in analog and digital paging formats
- Toll-free 800 number for paging when the user is outside the service area
- Three-tiered voicemail
- Group paging
- Two-way paging
- Mobile email
- Hosted message notification alerts
- Weather alerts
- Loss protection
- Optional features are also available
- Reliable networks that are different than mobile networks and can transmit messages 150 miles
- Pager transmitters enable communication in rugged and rural locations
- Powered by an easily replaceable AA battery
- Low-cost affordability
- Minimized security concerns since sensitive data is not stored
- Easy to use with little to no training required
- Ability to send the same message to multiple people at the same time
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||None|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||None|
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within 3 business days.|
|Turnaround Time||The service provider will complete delivery within 5 calendar days after receipt of the purchase order.|
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Required For||Executive branch agencies|
|Spotlight Customers||Not available|
|Service Support Hours||
Support for the service is available 24/7.
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||Dependent on service provider|
|Service Level Agreements||NCDIT does not commit to service level agreements, such as provisioning or resolution times. See statewide IT contract 915B for Paging Service & Equipment for more information.|