Digital signatures are ideal for any organization that manages any kind of legal document, including purchase orders, sales contracts and credit applications. They are like electronic “fingerprints” that associate a signer with a document in a recorded transaction.
A specific signature technology implementation of electronic signature (eSignature) is based on the standard, accepted format, called Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which provides the highest levels of security and universal acceptance.
NCDIT offers two eSignature solutions – Adobe Sign and DocuSign. Agencies within the state of North Carolina can choose either solution.
- Automatic form field detection
- Self-serve forms
- Color codes are assigned to a specific recipient, who must be the one to fill in those fields
- Management of signing processes
- Configurable and EU-qualified time stamps
- Document workflow triggers
- Drag-and-drop workflow templates
- Mobile phone cameras can scan paper documents and collect in-person signatures
- Integration with Adobe’s suite of software and its ecosystem that includes Microsoft, Salesforce, SAP Ariba, Workday and more
- Document creation supports extensive file types
- Every document includes electronic signature authentication, encryption and is tamper-evident
- Specify multiple levels of signer authentication
- Create a workflow to specify and order any number of signers
- Remote or in-person mobile signing
- Seamless integration with other applications to prepopulate forms
- Real-time status reporting
- DocuSign’s audit trail maintenance supports document retention policies
- DocuSign is committed to enterprise-class service availability
- Strong mobile support
- Many third-party integrations available
- Provides a high level of security and compliance
- Organizations can strictly comply with the EU’s eIDAS regulation
- Document management workflows, sharing and e-signing processes are easier from within Adobe’s ecosystem of third-party integrated applications.
- Timestamps can be used to confirm the validity of e-signatures and prove the authenticity of the documents
- Creation happens fast with automatic detection of form fields when users prepare online forms and digital documents for authoring and e-signing
- Form and signature field color codes improve accuracy in authoring documents and lower errors in collecting e-signatures
- Streamlines the signing process and reduces errors
- You have control over every step of the signing process
- Signers are required to prove their identity before given access to documents
- Sending and signing documents is fast and easy
- Reporting statistics provides always available account visibility
- Electronic signatures are widely accepted for most business transactions around the world
- Secure access is provided through DocuSign’s tamper-evident storage system
- Document and system security ensure your documents have non-repudiation in a court of law
- To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Subscribers must also request a quote for envelopes or transactions, depending on the product, from the vendors specified in statewide IT term Contract 208E - Enterprise Electronic Digital Contract.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||None|
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 4 business days.|
|Turnaround Time||The service team should be able to complete a well-defined service request within about a week.|
|Suggested For||State agencies|
|Service Support Hours||Support for the service is available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, excluding state holidays.|
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||Maintenance is performed by the vendor.|
|Service Level Agreements||NCDIT Global Service Level Agreement|
There is no cost for the service, but subscribers must purchase envelopes or transactions, depending on which product they use. To request a quote, contact the vendor specified in statewide IT term Contract 208E - Enterprise Electronic Digital Contract.