Cloud-Hosted Contact Center
The N.C. Department of Information Technology’s Hosted Contact Center Service enables your agency to provide better customer service and experience than possible with previous systems. Leveraging NICE CXone’s contact center solution delivers secure, cloud-based, state-of-the-art functionality that includes workforce optimization, omnichannel routing, customer analytics, automation and artificial intelligence.
The tightly integrated omnichannel or multichannel system combines automation and analytics with phone calls, chats, emails, text messages/SMS, social media and work items from a CRM system. Efficiency is optimized by routing information from these sources to agents based on their skill sets.
Contact centers can forecast workloads, schedule staff and improve agent productivity by identifying performance gaps and delivering targeted coaching.
- Computer telephony integration and workforce optimization
- Skills-based omnichannel routing of voice, email and webchat
- Virtual hold
- Interactive voice response with advanced speech recognition
Request Cloud-Hosted Contact Center
|Support||Get Technical Support
NCDIT Service Desk: 919-754-6000
|Automatic Contact Distribution||
Routes all contacts to My Agent eXperience, the contact center’s digital interface for concurrently handling multiple interactions with different customers, regardless of the channel (voice, email or chat). Automatic Contact Distribution is integrated with the Workforce Intelligence tool, which allows managers to create automation rules that trigger action when configurable thresholds are met.
|Agent user interface||Provides a single, consistent screen interface within the integrated softphone application for agents to answer calls, transfer calls, place calls on hold, conference and manage all media types.|
|Computer telephony integration||Ensures that any data captured within the interactive voice response can be delivered to the agent’s interface as a screen pop, showing relevant caller and account information.|
|Interactive voice response||Offloads routine activities that do not require agent intervention. This saves you time and money by optimizing automated self-service customer interactions and call retention.|
|Virtual hold||Informs callers of their place in queue and their expected wait time. Callers are offered the opportunity to hang up and maintain their place in queue for the next available agent to call them back. Callers can also register for an immediate callback or schedule a callback.|
|Call recording||Offers capabilities including recording voice, chat, instant messages, screen activity and creating agent scorecards.|
|Music in queue or on hold||Presents announcements and music when the caller is placed on hold or while calls are in queue. Custom messages or general announcements can be interlaced with the music at predetermined intervals.|
|Chatbot||Enables organizations to configure and deploy bots to perform common tasks. Bots offer options to elevate tasks easily and transparently to an agent-assisted chat. They can also present conversational intelligence based on natural language processing, artificial intelligence and machine learning.|
|Supervisor||Provides a management console for supervisors and offers a single view of teams or skills together with agent-state and time-in-state information. By selecting an agent on a list, a supervisor with permissions can monitor, coach or take over a call.|
|Workforce management||Simplifies agent scheduling by providing supervisors with extensive forecasting and scheduling functionality.|
|Personal Connection Dialer||A campaign management tool that helps manage dialing rules, leads, agents and agent assignments. Agency-created calling lists provide the contacts that are used by the proactive, multi-mode outbound dialer.|
|Reporting and dashboards||Provide real-time and historical insights on key business metrics and trends.|
|Feedback management||Collects voice-of-the-customer insights through surveys and delivers the feedback to identified individuals within your organization to improve citizen experience and employee engagement. Agents and supervisors can review survey results through dashboards and then take appropriate actions.|
|Interaction Analytics Pro||Shows every interaction in which customer sentiment is detected, regardless of channel (voice, email or chat).|
|High Availability||Runs the hosted contact center platform in an active/active configuration with multiple nodes for seamless redundancy and failover.|
- Increase customer satisfaction by providing additional communication channels that are more appealing to customer preferences (e.g., chat, text messaging).
- Automate routing and queue management to give customers faster support and a better experience.
- Improve agent and supervisor productivity by providing the flexibility to work remotely and the ability to respond to calls wherever employees have an internet connection.
- Respond to changing demands by using customizable, real-time call processing that is scalable, both up and down.
- Achieve significant time savings by enabling supervisors to view all activities on one screen.
- Increase situational responsiveness by immediately seeing what each agent is doing, who is available to receive calls and why others are not available.
- Improve training with supervisors listening in on calls and providing feedback to agents.
- Increase efficiency and cost-effective staffing through data-driven information.
- Simplify agent and management decision making with real-time reporting that includes the number of unique callers.
- Share information across software programs and connect individuals to various programs for greater efficiency.
- Eliminate downtime costs and frustrations by having an uptime with a 99.99% guarantee.
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||Determined via the discovery process|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within 3 business days.|
The service team should be able to complete a request in approximately 45 days, upon successful completion of an assessment and design activities.
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Required For||State agencies|
|Support Process||Submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal or contact the NCDIT Service Desk at 919-754-6000.|
|Service Support Hours||Support for the service is available 24/7.|
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||Fridays: 3-6 a.m.|
|Service Level Agreements||
This service does not currently have rates approved by the N.C. Office of State Budget Management. Until those rates are approved, billing is handled via signed memorandums of understanding.
Training & Help
Other Related Links