The N.C. Department of Information Technology's Electronic Content Management services include three offerings you can use independently or together to provide a fully integrated, feature-rich, web-based, scalable and secure content management and collaboration solution.
- NCDIT Scan Service
- Electronic Document Management Service
- NCDIT User Interface and Portal Service
- OpenText’s Documentum provides a centralized repository of content.
- WebTop’s virtual desktop and Generis’ CARA document management applications integrate with Documentum to simplify content management.
- Data is housed and professionally managed in North Carolina’s geographically dispersed data centers.
- Scanning software and maintenance are included in the NCDIT Scan Service.
|NCDIT Scan Service||
Combining Scan and Electronic Document Management services provides additional capabilities:
|Electronic Document Management Service||
NCDIT User Interface & Portal Service
- Avoid capital expenditures since the service has the storage infrastructure and software to support the scan-store-retrieve requirements of most state agencies.
- Used without going through a time-consuming RFP process.
- Increase operational efficiency with the ability to share files between departments (compared to the time required and cost associated with mailing files).
To request this service, or for more information, submit a ticket using the NCDIT Service Portal.
- Service requests that incur a cost to the agency will typically require approval from the requesting agency’s CIO, financial officer or manager, depending upon your agency's requirements.
- Any staff with access to the NCDIT Service Portal may engage the team for support or information.
Requirements & Customer Responsibility
|Required NCDIT Services||None|
|Other Technical Requirements & Prerequisites||
|Acknowledgment Time||The service team should acknowledge a service request within about 2-3 business days.|
|Suggested For||Any state or local government agency as well as educational institutions|
|Service Support Hours||
|Service Availability||The service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows.|
|Standard Maintenance Windows||
|Service Level Agreements||NCDIT Global Service Level Agreement|
The table below lists the software used to support NCDIT applications and features.
|Databases||Oracle 19c (OpenText Documentum Content Services)|